[karc] Update on Doug, VE3DUG

  • From: Max Donoghue <ve3tmt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:50:10 -0400 (EDT)

In the two months Doug has been in the hospital I have been in to see him many
times. And from what he tells me, only Peter, VE3ZXT and myself have been in to
see him. It amazes me that everyone has an hour or two a day to sit and have a
coffee with your buddies, but no one can seem to find the time to visit with
Doug. Put yourself in his shoes and maybe you will understand. Doug has been a
member of the "group", and I use that term rather than "club" , longer than
most of us care to remember and I think he deserves a show of support. His room
is no longer considered sterile, so the gown and gloves are no longer needed.
Visiting hours are until 8 each night and he is in Connell 474. I'm sure he
would enjoy the company. I was in to see him last night and he is as chipper as
he always was.

Sorry for my griping, but I find it absurd that no one has found the time in
two months to pay him a visit.

Yahoo!         Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on         the web and
bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!