[karc] Singe

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:02:25 -0400

Hello everyone:

Singe is a portable and accessible CD and DVD burning program that can burn data CD's and DVD's without having to install a program on the PC. It consists of the file referenced below and that's all. It does not require installation and makes no changes whatsoever to your PC, including the registry. I don't know what it looks like visually but it couldn't be simpler to use for me.

When I start it, the standard Windows Explorer view appears and I can select files as I normally do in Windows Explorer. I then press CTRL+c and whatever files I have selected are placed in the "Burn" list, accessible with the Tab Key. I can return to the Explorer View (Shift+Tab) and add more files if I want to in the same way. Once I've finished adding the files I want to burn, I tab to the "Burn"button and another window appears where I can adjust settings if I need to.

The beauty of this utility is its use of standard Windows dialogue boxes and the absolutely unnecessary requirement to install it so you can run it from a USB thumb drive or a CD on others' computers and leave nothing behind.

http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/Data/Singe.exe

Cheers & 73,

Steve