[karc] Silent Key- VE4FO - Frank Richards - 20 Oct 2014

  • From: Terry M <va3trm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:20:11 -0400

Frank Richards- The call sign VE4FO was just one of the many callsign that
Frank had in Canada. I first meet him in Gagetown,NB, in 1959, where he was a
radio operator in 3 Signals Squadron, Royal Canadian Signals. Throughout the
years Frank and I served in many locations throughout the World together. He
was one of the old signallers who encouraged me,a lineman, to become a ham,
which I finally accomplished in 1991. I made one contact with him shortly after
that. Many of the local oldtimers will remember him from his Kingston days when
he operated VE3RCS. A good radio operator,soldier and friend. Rest in Peace my
friend.
Terry Murphy, VA3TRM / VE3AHU