[karc] Silent Key VE1BF/VE2QC/VE7KX - Austin CANDY

  • From: Herman Kuipers <hermanva3qx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:55:11 -0400

All
I don't know if any of you knew Austin but we had many things in
common.  We both worked for Air Canada, loved Boating and Ham Radio.
Like me, I suspect that after retirement he moved to Kingston because of
the excellent boating, although he had a daughter, Joan, living here.
Unfortunately I only met Austin a few years ago when his health had
deteriorated to the point that we could not have a meaningful discussion
about our common interests.  Austin had an interesting live. Please read
his obit in today's Whig:
<http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oId=823679>http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oId=823679
There will be a Celebration of Austin's Life at the Royale Retirement
Residence September 6th, from 2 to 4 PM

73's
Herman, VA3QX