[karc] SO-239 Connector To 3/8-24 Thread Adapter

  • From: "James Hodgson" <ve3hov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:29:30 -0400

Hello all -
          I was fortunate enough to purchase a 40 meter ham stick at the
Ottawa/Carp ham fest for $10.  I cannot remove the nut from it.
          My idea was to adapt a Burlington ARC antenna project after I saw a
similar antenna at the home of Jeff Davis, VE3COJ in late August.

          Commercial antenna pictured here:
http://www.hamradio.co.uk/aerials-antenna-manufacturers-super-antenna-antennas/super-antenna/superstick-portable-vertical-antenna-pd-5034.php

          Adapter pictured here:
http://www.hamcq.com/1-uhf-female-so-239-to-3-8-24-thread-adapter-uhffemaleso-239to38-24threadadapterwithnutandwasher.html

                              and here:
http://www.hamcq.com/1-uhf-female-so-239-to-3-8-24-thread-adapter-brass-uhffemaleso-239to38-24threadadapterbrass.html

           The antenna is called a PAC-12 Antenna by: KA5DVS.
           PAC stands for: Portable Antenna Concept
           An Ipex PVC Conduit Body, 1/2-in conduit box is used as a base for
the ham stick as well as for internal wiring and a wing-nut to attach radials,
           Conduit is pictured here:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ipex-pvc-conduit-body-1-2-in-0521247p.html#.VCW532ddUlQ
           A stake is attached at the base of the Conduit Body for in-ground
insertion.

           Does anyone know where I can obtain an SO-239 Connector To 3/8-24
Thread adapter locally or from a Canadian Supplier (in subject line)?

           Are Saturday breakfasts still being held and attended at Smitty’s?

Jim Hodgson
VE3HOV
Brockville

-----