[karc] SJAM Special Event Station Planning Update

  • From: "CJ Chapman" <va3kgb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KARC Freelist" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 05:08:50 -0700

SJAM Special Event Station

At the September Meeting of the KARC, I brought up operating a special
event staion for the month of January 2015 to celebrate the bicentenial
(200 years) of Sir John A McDondald's birthday.

I applied for a special event callsign and looks like we will have VG3SJAM,
although I haven't received official written confirmation and haven't seen
the cheque clear my bank.. The rules for special event calls have changed a
lot since the last time I was part of a special event station.

The plan is to operate the call from members homes during January 2015
using their operating privelages and possibly from Belleveu House on 11 Jan
2015 if possible.  I still have not heard back from Parks Canada yet.

Bellevue House is normally closed during the winter but there is a
possibility of operating from the grounds. There may be other veunues we
could operate from that day if closed, I am open to suggestions.

I propsosed that Club members submit their designs for a QSL Card, QSL
Certificate, and a Station Operator's Certificate, to be selected at the
December meeting.  Those who operate the special event call will receive an
Operator Certificate.

I will post what will be required for contact information so that there
will be a common log format for posting to our website.

I am working on modifing scripts to have contacts download their QSL card
directly online from our web site. QSL cerificates would be emailed on
request.

For those who wish to operate using the special event call please submit
your requested date(s). If you know what bands/modes you will operate
include them as well. I will use the first date as your primary date, and
other dates to fill in blank days.  In the case where there is more than
one operator requesting the same day, I will use the order that I receive
the requests in. Team operation is allowed, only one member of the team
submit requests for the team please. I will create and publish a operating
schedule calendar.

73
Chip, VA3KGB
SJAM Special Event Station