[karc] Re: Possible Shuttle pass

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 04:29:48 -0800 (PST)

Well, I saw the Shuttle and 25 minutes later, the Space Station. But I forgot
to look for the Iridium flare. I'm glad Dave saw it.

Last Wednesday night, I watched the Space Station go directly overhead. Then a
couple of minutes later, there was a much smaller object behind it, on the same
track but going much faster. I checked later and found out that it was a new
Russian module for the Space Station. It had been launched the previous day and
was going faster because it was apparently still in a much lower orbit. It
docked the next day.

... Phil VE3HST

favourite sites. Download it now
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.