[karc] Fwd: Fwd: Fw: December Report

  • From: Terrance Barrett <t-barrett@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kingston Amateur Radio Club <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:36:05 -0500

Sorry The attachment did not go through I copied it into the email this time

North East Ontario Regional Directors Report for December, 2011

I will dispense with the details of the November Board of Directors
meeting as it dealt with administrative issues primarily. I would like
to highlight some of the items that are of interest to you.

RAC membership is increasing. Yep you read that correctly. Albeit it's
at a small rate but for the last 4 months membership is actually
increasing. This is a good trend and suggests Canadian Amateurs realise
that RAC will be here for the long haul. Expect more on this in 2012 as
continuing to increase membership will be a focus for RAC executive in
the New Year.

The Maple Leaf Memberships are also rising and are now in excess of 120.
I know these are difficult economic times but these folks have stepped
up and said supporting RAC is worth a $100. If you find it within your
means I hope you will consider supporting RAC at this elite level so we
can continue to advocate for Canadian Amateurs.

The companies who joined RAC as Corporate Members are now advertising on
the RAC web page. You may want to check them out and then visit their
web sites.

Our Treasurer, Margaret, VA3VXN announced that RAC will finish the 2011
fiscal year in the black. It has been a while since this happened so
it's very good news. Unfortunately for RAC Margaret has decided that she
needs to focus more time on her schooling and home life so will complete
her term and not seek re-election. If you have financial training and
would be willing to volunteer please contact me.

Stephen Mayne, VE3LWX is starting to ramp up in his position as
Co-Coordinator of Philanthropy and is building a team to assist him. If
you could help with graphics, legal expertise, have experience in
philanthropy or fundraising please contact Stephen at _ve3lwx@xxxxxx
<mailto:ve3lwx@xxxxxx>_.

In the last few weeks I have been active on 30, 20 and 15 Metres with my
Elecraft K1 running 3 watts into a homebrew vertical. The band
conditions have been GREAT and now have a dozen new countries in the
log. I will be sending my QSL's to Nenad at the outgoing RAC QSL bureau
for forwarding. Canada Post charges a $1.75 per card; I will send a
dozen to the bureau for less than the price of one.

In the last few days there have been stories on the number of American
Amateurs increasing and reaching new highs. The obvious question is
"What about Canada?" While talking to Garry, VE6CIA from Red Deer he
told me that his group just turned out 21 new Amateurs in Alberta in the
last few months. It sounds like we are also attracting new Amateurs in
Canada as well. If you or your club has Amateur classes let me know.

I hope to work you in the RAC Winter Contest on December 17^th . Good luck.

Finally on behalf of Rita, and me, we would like to wish each of you all
the best this Christmas season. Hopefully you will get a few moments to
spend some time in front of your rig and enjoy the good conditions.
Merry Christmas and all the best in 2012.

If you have any questions or concerns please email me at _ve3xt@xxxxxx
<mailto:ve3xt@xxxxxx>_.

Bill VE3XT

North East Ontario Regional Director