[karc] Re: Field Day June 27 th

  • From: Matthew Hall <va3mhb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 21:05:40 -0400

Don't worry Pieter I want you to concentrate on getting well. I can get
the cables from you anytime. No matter how long it takes I will remember
your generous offer and I know I will get them sometime. Take care of
yourself and get well soon.

73
Matt
VA3MHB

On 6/21/2015 7:14 PM, Pieter Kooiman wrote:

Although I was really looking forward for an activity like this (did not
participate cause QRL), I finally reached that state of leisure! Health took
a twisty turn ending me up in KGH to have open heart surgery (2 bypasses).
The operation was June 5. Of course always something goes wrong it on a
recent retiree: one of the three chest tubes started leakin ... add another 2
days. Then the left lung was reluctant to be inflated ... add another 3 days.
Back home June 15. Another fever turned up: pneumonia of the left lung PLUS a
bloodclot. Am back in KGH and hope to be home
in 3 days.
Dear fellow members, I am sincerely sorry I can't deliver but my hamshack has
to be cleaned sometime! Cables are still there Bert!

73's Pieter VE3NXE

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 19, 2015, at 06:06, Carlyle <ve3wio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning,

We are looking forward to a great day June 27!

QTH, 4994 Wallace Rd, Harrowsmith (directly halfway "as the crow flies"
between Harrowsmith and Yarker)

Maidenhead grid FN14pj

Lat: 44° 23' 15.3168"
Long: -76° 43' 10.2108"

Time, 1300 hrs until you’r tired or Larrisa VE3KGC kicks us out

Food, Burgers, chips, pop, water provided.

What Try different modes:

· SSB phone

· Digital

o FSK

o PSK

o JT

· Packet

· HF, VHF, maybe satellite

· Help build a satellite 2 meter antenna

· Try different antennas.

Bring your Rig, use one there.

RSVP

Carlyle VE3WIO