[karc] Cool russian communications truck

  • From: "Assaf Shool" <ASSAF_X@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:35:23 -0500

Not sure if I mentioned this before but G4PMY has made a series of videos about
a restored Russian communications vehicle called the R161. He goes through in
detail about the setup of the vehicle, from the masts, to the generator, to the
extremely bulky & complex communications equipment equipment inside. The
process of getting this monstrosity on the air is a long one and I never want
to hear anyone ever complain again that radios today are too complicated after
watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/G4PMY#grid/user/53D00872EB0FDDF4

Enjoy & 73s

Assaf