[kanchilug] Projects for students

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 02:08:38 +0530

Friends.

It is being a mini-project time.

Getting a lot of enquiries from students for a mini project.

They are planning to do the same-old
ticket booking system, college website, library management system etc.
as their staff ask to do with database systems.

Instead of doing those, it will be nice if we make them to contribute
to real open source softwares.

Please share here, if you know any open source projects that needs contribution.
We can have a list and show to the students.
They can pick and work on them.
We can guide them to learn languages, use irc, mailing lists,version
management tools,
then we can leave them to upstream developers.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

--
Regards,