[kanchilug] Fwd: kaniyam-03

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jec-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linuxusers_iitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 00:58:01 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Subject: kaniyam-03
To: ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for all your wishes for the 'kaniyam' e-magazine.

Wishes for all the authors who brings the technical knowledge in Tamil
to all the tamil community.

Typing in Tamil is so tough, if you you don't have the typewriter
training. Still, the authors spend various tools and many hours to
serve the tamil to take it to the next generation through the
technology.

Tamil Wikipedia Contest, completed on Feb 29, 2012. We expected 100
contributors and 3000 media files. For our surprise, we received 300
contributors and 15217 media files. Check the files here.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:TamilWiki_Media_Contest
Thanks for all the participants. This expresses the great victory of
Tamil Wikipedia community.

Now, you can learn Free Software in Tamil using the video tutorials.
Read the issue to learn more.

As most of the readers requested, we will publish the articles in HTML
format in www.kaniyam.com as soon as possible.

We need your contribution for continuous growth. Send your creations
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxx

This edition contains following articles in Tamil

5 Free Software you must have
Arduino - An Introduction
TimeDrive - A time machine
Introduction to Emacs
Learn GNU/Linux
Chromium Vs Chrome
Shutter - A gift
Baskar - Implementing FOSS Lab in more than 170 Colleges
Scribus - part 3
Super Man - JavaScript
Awesome course from Anna University
Git - Distributed Version Control System
Job Opportunities
Video Tutorials in Tamil
"Free" in "Free Software"
Readers Voice
Events
Stallman in Chennai
About Kaniyam

Read and Share.

Thanks.

Shrinivasan
Editor
www.kaniyam.com

Download the March Edition at
http://www.kaniyam.com

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in

Get CollabNet Subversion Edge :     http://www.collab.net/svnedge

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in

Get CollabNet Subversion Edge :     http://www.collab.net/svnedge
Kanchilug Blog : http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

To subscribe/unsubscribe kanchilug mailing list :