[kanchilug] Fwd: [Ilugc] [OT] Chennai DevCamp

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 01:09:03 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Balaji Damodaran <damodaran.balaji@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Subject: [Ilugc] [OT] Chennai DevCamp
To: ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'm representing ThoughtWorks[1] developers from Chennai. We are
planning to host a BarCamp style unconference specifically targeting
the developer community called the DevCamp[2]. This will be first time
a DevCamp is hosted in Chennai (to our knowledge). The tentative date
is set to July, 10 - 2010. ThoughtWorks is willing to sponsor the
space to host the event and the much needed WiFi connectivity. The
registration and participation is free of cost.

We as developers want to stay true to the spirit of DevCamp and we're
reaching out to you - the Chennai developer community for organizing
and coordinating the event (right from creating a logo for the event,
a twitter account etc.,) and making it a success. There is a wiki[3]
page setup for more information.

If you have an idea to give a session/presentation or willing to
volunteer to organize the event please reply to this mail and join the
wiki[3] and subscribe to the Google group[4] for general announcements
and discussions.

We want this to be a (un)conference of some of the best developers and
hackers in and around Chennai with your help and support.

Thanks,
Balaji

[1] - http://www.thoughtworks.com
[2] - unconference is a participant driven conference, where right
from the choice of sessions to schedule of the sessions is driven by
the participants and not through a central body of 'organizers'.
[3] - http://thoughtworks.wikispaces.com/devcamp2010chennai
[4] - http://groups.google.com/group/devcamp-chennai

Regards,
T.Shrinivasan