[kanchilug] Fwd: [Ilugc] Chennaipy Oct Monthly Meet

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chennaigeeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chennaigeeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:48:47 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Vijay Kumar B" <vijaykumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Oct 2011 07:46
Subject: [Ilugc] Chennaipy Oct Monthly Meet
To: <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chennaipy October Monthly Meet Announcement

Date & Time
-----------
22 Oct
3:00pm to 5:00pm

Venue
-----
Zilogic Systems,
Fourth Main Road,
Kamaraj Nagar,
Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai

Location map: http://www.zilogic.com/contact.html

Agenda
------

 1. Lightning Talks - 60 min

    * XBee Python Module by Balamanikandan
    * MySQLdb Module by Rengaraj
    * Operator Overloading by Vijay Kumar

    If you would like to give a lightning talk, just come prepared,
    we will be able to accommodate you.

 2. PyCon 2011 Video: Everything You Wanted To Know About Pickling,
    But Were Afraid To Ask! by Richard T. Saunders - 40 min

    Serializing data structures (in Python-speak "pickling") to save
    to disk/socket is an important tool for the programmer: We will
    discuss how the pickling protocols (0,1,2, and 3) work as well as
    real-world issues (gotchas, backwards-compatibility, etc). We
    will concentrate on the basics of this stack-based protocol: what
    it looks like, how to encode/decode, speeds of different
    implementations.

Regards,
Vijay