[kanchilug] Discussion about Numpy

  • From: sanmugasundaram k <k.sanmugam2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KanchiLug <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:01:36 +0530

*Date : 20/ 02/ 11 Week : 80 People : 9

Time  : 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm

 Location : Sri Narayana Guru School

Discussion : About Numpy

Attendees  : Dhasthagheer,  Rajkumar,  Balakrishnan,  Selvamani, Nagaraj,
LogeshPrabu, Shrinivasan , Arulalan and Sanmugasundaram(myself).

                    Mr.Arulalan shared his numpy experiences and some live
demo of how to  work on numpy.

What is numpy:

                      NumPy is an extension to the Python programming
language, adding support for large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices,
along with a large library of high-level mathematical functions to operate
on these arrays.The ancestor of NumPy, Numeric, was originally created by
Jim Hugunin. NumPy is open source and has many contributors.

To know more about numpy visit here
http://www.scipy.org/Tentative_NumPy_Tutorial

Mr.Arulalan gave intro about  numpy. Then  he showed live demo of numpy
function and how it works..

it is very interesting and it have amazing functions. we can easily play
with matrix and multi dimensional arrays in numpy.

we done this session with some knowledge about numpy..

*
--
 நன்றி ...

சண்முகசுந்தரம்.க