[kanchilug] Re: 100th weekly meet celebration of KanchiLUG

  • From: Praveen S <pravin1389@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:10:41 +0530

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM, logesh prabu
<logeshgentle1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Date : 07/08/11 Week : 100 People :20
>
> Time : 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm
>
> Location : Shri Narayana Guru  Matriculation School
>
> Attendees
>  : Ramya, Kavitha, Dhanalakshmi, Logeshwari, Venkatesh,  Manimaran,
> Sathishkumar, Balaji, Praveen, yasirarafath, Mohan, Shanmugasundaram,
> Rajkumar, Srinivasan, Selvamani, Saravanan, Devakarthi, Saravanaraj and
> Logeshprabu(myself)
>
> New Attendees : Arun - working as a Software tester in VRVinfootech,
> Kanchipuram.
>
> The
>  Kanchi Linux User Group celebrated his 100th weekly meet on last week
> sunday. we were planned to celebrate it in grand manner and we decided
> to give a presentation about history of KanchiLUG. so,
> Shanmugam,Rajkumar,selvamani and myself prepare presentation contain 80
> slides for it. The presentation work was keep going on up to 3.00pm.
> Then we move to shri narayanaguru school to make an arragement for the
> LUG meet and start the presentation on 3.30pm onwards. There were 20
> people participated in this week meet.
>
>    Mr.Selvamani initiate
> the 100th week meet by describing about what is LUG(Linux User Group)?
> and what are all the activities and purpose of it.
>
>    After that
>  myself starts the presentation of about History of Kanchi Linux User
> Group. i remembered, How was the Idea cultivated to begin the LUG in
> Kanchipuram?, who were the insperation for it?, where we start our
> journey? and some of the initial day memories of KanchiLUG meets.
>

>  Then Mr.RajKumar continue the presentation by sharing memories of
> Various programs conducted and participated by us in other colleges,
> Ubuntu Tamil manual release, Boot camps conducted by us, some of the
> minor acheivement by us and our goals of the year.
>
>   Then
> Mr.Shrinivasan gave the finishing touch to the presentation by
> remembering his experiance with KanchiLUG and encourage the members to
> contribute FOSS activities.
>
>   Finally, myself address the vote of thanks to all supporters and our well
> wishers. specially to
>
> God,
>  not only for his grace and also for providing place for our initial
> days LUG meets. because we conducted our KanchiLUG meets in temple for
> nearly one year in the past.
>
> owner of <b>Siva Kalvi Nilayam
>
> HCL Technologies Training center</b>, Kanchipuram
>
> our friend Dhastha's parents for the cooperation to conduct KanchiLUG meet in
> their home.
>
> Sri Narayanaguru Marticulation School Management
>
>   At last we celebrate the 100th weekly meet by cutting the cake and
> distribute to all members.
>
>   Mr.Mohan take snaps during the function held on by his digital cam.
>
> Here is the link for it,
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/116408724913424513110/Kanchilug100thWeek
>
> KanchiLUG blog:
>
> http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

> [...]

I am proud to be a part of Kanchi Lug.
Even though we (Arulalan, Dastha, Praveen) are not now in Kanchi our
thinking is on our Lug.

We (Arulalan, Dastha, Praveen)  really missed this great day of Kanchi
Linux User Group.

And I am coming their to attend the "101th" week.
I am eagerly waiting for that.

Keep on rocking and Move ahead friends.

--
Regards