(no subject)

  • From: Kelly Deters <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:35:57 -0800 (PST)

  One of my kids told me this last week...it's a good one to start your week
off...give it to your kids and see if any get it.

  Problem: There are 4 people on one side of the river. One can cross the river
(one-way) in 1 minute, one in 2 minutes, one in 5 minutes and the last one in
10 minutes. How fast can they all get across the river if only 2 people fit in
the boat and the slowest person in the boat must row each time?
  Just the above problem is on the link below. That page then has links to the
numerical answer only (to see if you got it right) and then a separate link to
the complete solution (if you just can't figure it out).
  http://web.haydenhigh.org/detersk/Problem.htm

  Kelly
  detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!