[k-alumni-wg] 17 hours to WG meeting

  • From: Tomasz <tomasz2013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Khom Jee <khomrajsharma@xxxxxxxxx>, Ojok <ojoksmn@xxxxxxxxx>, joanne2015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, emmanuel2015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dennis2015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Erick 2014 <erick2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, abhijit2015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nana <nana2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Graham Varley <grahamvarley@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:08:01 +0100

Hi guys,

I would like to warmly invite you to the 2nd meeting of the working group which will happen later today at same time as last week which is: 7am (David/Tijana: California, USA), 12noon (Anja: Brazil Ceara), 4pm (Jessi, Tomek, Dennis: Germany, Poland, Nigeria), 6pm (Samuel, Ojok, Emmanuel, Erick: Uganda/Kenya), 8.30pm (Abhijeet, Graham: India), 8.45pm (Khom: Nepal) 10pm (Yoshi: Thailand), 2am (Joanne: Australia)

Below please find the detailed agenda which includes a really important decision which we will try to make: *Shall we be an exclusive network of kanthari alumni or an inclusive network - in the future open also to changemakers who have not finished kanthari... This decision will also influence the choice of name... so please be there!*

Speak to you soon! Tomek P.S> Once again if you cannot join us - please let me know so that I am prepared!

WG meeting #2, 2016 - convener: Tomek / moderator: Yoshimi / minutes: David

Agenda it. nr 1: Communications group - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 2: Webdevelopment group - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 3: Registration - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 4: 'kanthari changemakers network' vs 'kanthari alumni network'
Agenda it. nr 5: Fundraising - New Group
Agenda it. nr 6: Other

Agenda it. nr 1: Communications group - weekly progress report and plan - by Anja/Yoshi/Tomek
2016 Communication group members: Anja/Yoshi/Tomek/Dennis/Khom Jee
GREEN - remind partners to confirm their participation in 1st Erasmus+ Strength Through Solidarity partners meeting (Yoshi, Anja, Tiffy, Jessica, Anca, Samuel, Kasia, Tomek) on 18th Jan
GREEN -12.01.2016 - prepare and send out agenda for 2nd WG meeting
Plan for coming week:
- Meeting minutes of last WG meeting in 2015 posted on FB/Whatsapp and discussion list by Yoshi/Tomek
*- other? round of comments?*

Agenda it. nr 2: Webdevelopment group - weekly progress report and plan - by Tijana
2016 Webdevelopment group members: Tijana/David/Tomek/Abhijeet/Erick Matsanza
GREEN - remind developers and working group members (Tijana/David/Tomek/Abhijeet/Erick Matsanza/Kamil/Branca/Cristina/Lars) about 1st developer meeting about web portal on Jan 11th
GREEN - First developers meeting in 2016 convened by Tomek and Tijana
Plan for coming week:
- follow up on Jitendra to set up a date for First Developers Meeting
- First developers meeting in 2016 convened by Jitendra
*- other? round of comments?*

Agenda it. nr 3: Registration - weekly progress report and plan - by Samuel
2016 Registration group members: Samuel/Ojok/Anja/Jessica/Tomek/Samuel
GREEN - translate modified constitution draft and send it to working group - by Tomek
GREEN - prepare and send out agenda for 1st registration group (Ojok, Sam, Joanne, Anja, Jessica) meeting on Jan 13th *
*GREEN - First meeting of Registration Group to discuss modified constitution draft – Samuel, Tomek, Anja, Joanne
Plan for coming week:
- 14.01.2016 agree whether our network will be not only exclusive for kanthari alumni but will allow similar changemakers outside from kanthari
- 14.01.2016 finalize the name of the network: 'kanthari changemakers network' vs 'kanthari alumni network'
- send out latest constitution draft with Registration Group Comments to the Working Group - by Registration team
*- other? round of comments?*

Agenda it. nr 4: 'kanthari changemakers network' vs 'kanthari alumni network'
This is a very strategic decision. Most graduates opted for registering a network of strictly kanthari alumni - but they are not aware that it will make it difficuilt for us to attract external funds from around the world which are not connected somehow with Braille Without Borders. The Registration group will recommend to go for an inclusive network set up by kanthari alumni but which would be open for changemakers who have not finished kanthari institute themselves.
*- Signing off of the name and type of network - Round of comments*

Agenda it. nr 5: Fundraising - New Group
2016 Fundraising Group Members: Jessica/Tomek/Emmanuel/Joanne
ORANGE - research funding opportunities for the establishment of our network by Fundraising group
Plan for coming week:
- ? *round of comments?*

Agenda it. nr 5: Other

On 06.01.2016 15:53, Tomasz wrote:

Hi,

just wanted to let you know we have 24 hours left to the first 'working group' meeting of kanthari alumni in year 2016. It will happen tomorrow, Thursday 7th January (skype-id: kanthari_plus, moderator: Yoshimi, minute taker: David). For your convenience, once again below please find the timings and agenda. Speak to you tomorrow. Tomek, on behalf of the working group of kanthari alumni

Timings::
7am (David/Tijana: California, USA), 12noon (Anja: Brazil Ceara), 4pm (Jessi, Tomek, Dennis: Germany, Poland, Nigeria), 6pm (Samuel, Ojok, Emmanuel, Erick: Uganda/Kenya), 8.30pm (Abhijeet, Graham: India), 8.45pm (Khom: Nepal) 10pm (Yoshi: Thailand), 2am (Joanne: Australia)

If you cannot attend - due to any reason - please let me know - so that we know who not to expect... Below please find the detailed agenda. Thank you and speak to you soon! Tomek

WG meeting #1, 2016 - convener: Tomek / moderator: Yoshimi / minutes: David

Agenda it. nr 1: Communications group - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 2: Webdevelopment group - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 3: Registration - weekly progress report and plan
Agenda it. nr 4: Fundraising - New Group
Agenda it. nr 5: Other

Agenda it. nr 1: Communications group - weekly progress report and plan - by Anja/Yoshi/Tomek
2016 Communication group members: Anja/Yoshi/Tomek/Dennis/Khom Jee
GREEN - preparing & sending out agenda (also to new WG members) for next WG meeting by Tomek
GREEN - Meeting minutes of last WG meeting in 2015 posted on FB/Whatsapp and discussion list by Tomek
Plan for coming week:
- Meeting minutes of last WG meeting in 2015 posted on FB/Whatsapp and discussion list by Yoshi/Tomek
-round of comments?

Agenda it. nr 2: Webdevelopment group - weekly progress report and plan - by Tijana
2016 Webdevelopment group members: Tijana/David/Tomek/Abhijeet/Erick Matsanza
ORANGE - First developers meeting in 2016 convened by Jitendra
GREEN - final version of prototype by Cristina - webdesigner
GREEN - confirmations from Lars and Branka on their 8 hour per week commitment
Plan for coming week:
- First developers meeting in 2016 convened by Jitendra
-round of comments?

Agenda it. nr 3: Registration - weekly progress report and plan - by Samuel/Tomek
2016 Registration group members: Samuel/Ojok/Anja/Jessica/Tomek/Samuel
GREEN - follow up on legal advisor about constitution adaptation to Polish foundation law by Tomek
GREEN - modify constitution draft according to legal advisor to fit Polish foundation law - by legal advisor
05.01.2016 - provide clear reasons/advantages between the form of a foundation/association - by Tomek
05.01.2016 - translate modified constitution draft and send it to working group - by Tomek
Plan for coming week:
- work on the modified constitution draft - by Registration team

Agenda it. nr 4: Fundraising - New Group
2016 Fundraising Group Members: Jessica/Tomek/Emmanuel/Joanne
GREEN - Erasmus + Capacity Building Project Approved By European Commission - 95% funds acquired for webportal, curriculum development and travels. Inivitation prepared and sent out for first partners meeting of the Erasmus+ project (18.01.2015)
Plan for coming week:

--
on behalf of kanthari alumni working group

http://www.kanthariplus.org/global-network/ (list of members, objectives,
meeting minutes)

Want to shape how the alumni network should be? Join our discussion list
-alumninetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - by replying DISCUSSION to this email.

--
A roadmovie through Africa witnessing social change! "KANTHARI: change from within" winner of Audience Award at the International Film Festival HumanDOc in Warsaw, Poland. Watch trailer here <http://kantharichangefromwithin.com/>.

Tomasz Kozakiewicz
Fundacja SolidarityFilmDoc
kanthari plus initiator

tomasz2013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype id: drkoziello / kanthari_plus
Mobile (Poland): +48 500478596
Mobile (India): +91 8129861059
www.kantharichangefromwithin.com (the film)
www.fb.com/kantharichangefromwithin
www.kanthariplus.org (short films)
www.fb.com/kanthariplus

kanthari plus - initiating a community of ethical social changemakers from marginalized communities.