[JYO] Tonight's Leesburg Town Council Meeting...

  • From: "Flyboy Ed" <flyboyed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:28:04 -0500

There were about 8 pilots at tonight's town council meeting to support the operations at Leesburg Executive airport.  One other pilot besides me spoke in favor of the need and appreciation of the airport in our community.  No petitioners commented negatively regarding the airport.  The Mayor expressed sympathy regarding the lives lost in the incident with the TBM 700 and read Resolution's of Respect for Don Fitzpatrick, Bronson Byrd and Greg Jackson.

I think that part of the reason that the airport has such a positive view in the community is because each pilot ends up explaining things in more detail to family and friends about what happened.  The personal touch that the media can't offer.

Keep yourself informed and have you neighbors, family and friends all check out the web site: http://www.gaservingamerica.org/  . This Website was developed by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) to help decision makers and the general public better understand General Aviation's critical role in our national economy and the essential role it plays in the daily lives of all Americans.

Thanks,

Ed Levine

- - - List admin: Ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: www.leesburgpilots.com Previously sent messages (archives): //www.freelists.org/archives/jyo/ To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to: jyo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email. Tell your Leesburg Flying friends to subscribe by sending an e-mail to: jyo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.