[JYO] Leesburg Executive Airport - Supervisor's Vote Delayed

  • From: FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx
  • To: jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:03:35 EDT

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Dennis Boykin" <boykin_dennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dcpilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:02:18 -0400
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has delayed their decision to
the Tuesday, June 5th regular meeting.  Much of the discussion (and
debate) centered around what is or isn't true regarding the airport.
There was significant public input during the early morning petitioners
section, including outstanding support from AOPA and local pilots.  And,
two of the Supervisors expressed their frustration that the developer's
consultants information regarding the airport is directly contradictory
to the information they're getting from the Commission and the FAA.
Duh.............

It appears that it is entirely possible that the Supervisors might
actually come to their senses and deny this application.  More news as
we get closer - but again, we will need you to take the time to come out
and speak !  This is a grass-roots campaign by local residents and
pilots to defeat a plan that has significant financial resources behind
it.  Those resources have translated into tens of thousands of dollars
in campaign contributions - all we can do is stand up and speak our
mind.

The Friends of the Airport and the Commission appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis B. Boykin IV
Chairman