[JYO] AOPA and TSA teamed up to create AOPA's "Airport Watch"program.

  • From: FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx
  • To: jyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:19:27 EST

The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) and Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) have teamed up to create AOPA's Airport Watch Program. I
am the AOPA Airport Support Network (ASN) contact for the Leesburg Executive
Airport.

This is a nationwide program designed to safeguard more than 18,000 General
Aviation Airports from the threat of a Terrorist Attack. The program relies
on civic-minded members of the community-pilots and airport staff-to be alert
and report all suspicious activity at local airports to a national hotline:
1-866-GA-Secure

If you thing something looks suspicious, or doesn't feel right, call
1-866-GA-SECURE

If you see something that looks threatening or the potential for immediate
danger, then call 911

I have a Video Tape that runs about 20 minutes and explains the AOPA Airport
Watch Program in detail.  This tape would be most effective if viewed by:
- pilots & flight students
- airport management and employees
- FBO management and employees
- Flight school management and Instructors
- Airport Commission and Town Council
- Local Law enforcement
- Flying Clubs and local aviation chapters

In the near future, I will post a note where you can view the tape (maybe in
the airport lobby, etc.)  If you want to borrow the tape for viewing by your
group, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for helping keep our airport a safe one!

Ed Levine
AOPA ASN for JYO