[JA] Re: folder collapse

  • From: Bob Avery <rwavery@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:39:32 -0400

Dan,

>My wife uses Juno so I help her through her rough times with the
software.  She has lost her folders many times.  My suspicion is that
when the file that stores all her mail gets over 400MBs in size then she
is at risk of losing her folders.

My suspicion is that she's low on disk space. When freespace becomes less
than 2x the juno mailbox size, weird things seem to happen.

>The strange thing is that when she deletes unwanted emails and deletes
her trash we expect the file size to be reduced, but it doesn't. It stays
the same.  So, I use juno5bdb.exe to extract all her email folders and
rebuild the file and then it is somewhat smaller.

I could be wrong, but I'm getting this strange feeling that juno may be
saving ALL of our mail for posterity, deleted or not, in its big mailbox
folder where only people with the right tools can access it. I hope this
is just baseless paranoia.

>PS.  Your quote from Jim Elliot is so true.  I have read many of his
writings through his wife Elizabeth Elliot.  What an amazing man and the
story of his life!

What am I missing here? Who is Jim Elliott?

Bob Avery