[JA] Re: director.frm disappeared!

  • From: donelias@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:23:51 -0600

I have had this problem in the past.  The director.frm
that relaces yours is the same one that gets loaded
in a new installation.  (Please remember that I am
ver 4.11 so this only applies to that version.)  I have
a worse problem that frequently my director.frm gets
trashed or truncated.  It happens when the computer
crashes just when the Juno info is being saved -
typically when exiting Juno.

I periodically make a copy of my director.frm file so
that I can easily recover from this malfunction.  I'm sure
my situation is made worse by having almost 1000
folders and an almost full C drive.

At one time there was a program available to
reconstruct the director.frm based on the foldxxxxc.frm
files that were actually in use.  I have never tried
using it but I am willing to forward it to anyone who
might want it.  Has anyone used it and what are the
results and limitations?

You said you are going to alphabetize an address book.
There is no reason to do this since this function already
exits in Juno.  Just click your mouse on the column you
want arranged and it will be done in an instant.

You also said you were going to order the list of folders.
Juno does this automatically according to it own set of
rules.  It put system files first, followed by the files you
have created and yours will be in alphabetical order.

Don

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:44:06 -0500 Geoffrey Wilson <glw4@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Last week I fired up my wife's computer for maintenance, and started
Juno 4.11.
> I found an empty In box.