[JA] Re: Switching to Another Addy (was Dog treats and web bugs...)

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:44:29 -0800

On 15 Nov 2003 bhs1989@xxxxxxxx

   >>On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx> writes:
   >> My understanding is Juno 6.0 doesn't recognize Juno Gold accounts
as
   >>premium accounts and you end up with the ad banner.  I don't know
though
   >>because I've never tried it.

>It is true.  I'm a Gold member and 6.0 basically treats you like a
>Free member... hence the ad banner.  Thats why I have to stick with
>4.0...

Hi Linda, Billy and All,

How long has it been since you've tried this?  This is the way it was
for awhile (quite awhile actually) when Juno first opened up POP/SMTP
access, but I have an old "metered rate" account and when I connect it
now is recognized as a "Premium" account...  no ad banner, and I'm
pretty sure it wasn't that way for about the first year of Juno allowing
POP/SMTP access.  If you haven't tried it in awhile, you might want to
give it another shot...

George Lunt ..... so. cal.