[JA] Re: Setting up a bigger hard drive

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:25:31 -0500

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 03:22:00 -0500 geoffrey l wilson
<glw4-accmail@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> I want to set up a bigger hard drive in my dauhghter-in-law's
> machine, which is rnning Windows 98SE.
> I slaved the new hard drive to it... and tried to use XCOPY...

   Geoffrey, you're doing it the old-fashioned and hard way...  what is
the maker of your new, bigger hard drive?  You should look up the company
website and download the hard drive installer software on their support
page, which should give you a painless transition of moving all your data
from the old to the new.
   Over a year ago, I upgraded my 3 GB drive to a 30 GB Western Digital
model, d/l'ed their Western Digital's EZ-Installer program off WD's site,
and it literally moved *everything* including the hidden stuff, to the
new drive without having to XCOPY anything!
   Hope this little tip helps.

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.angelfire.com/80s/billythekid16