[JA] Re McAffee/Norton and Juno

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:58:35 -0800

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:43:02 -0600
Subject: [JA] Re: Juno problems?
From: Chas C Gannon

>Can some one tell me if Norton AntiVirus checks incoming email in
>Juno? What about outgoing?  What about McAfee?

Neither will scan Juno Email as it comes in - they only work on
Outlookexpress, etc.  I do use Norton Internet Security however, since it
works on the web, and I can save attachments from Juno to hard disk and
then scan them before opening them.  I like the firewall module...seems
to work well for me.

I use the "safe Email" method to avoid opening spam (which may contain
embedded problems in HTML messages,).

I sent an outgoing message to myself EVERY time I download or upload to
Juno.  It is the first message into my mail box 99% of the time.  I
highlight that in the inbox, then hold down the CTRL button and scroll
down the new incoming messages.  I can spot spam and if you highlight it
while holding down the CTRL key, it merely selects them without opening.
When you have selected all the spam, hit the "delete" key, and they are
sent to the delete box without opening them.

Not really all that much trouble, and I've stayed virus free since using
it.