[JA] NEW ACCOUNT NAMES

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 13:10:07 -0700

George Lunt said, on  Sat, 4 Aug 2001 04:20:08 GMT

Two of my accounts suddenly showed up with a second listing in the box
where you choose which account to open.  Thus, the acount for "JoeBlow"
now appears twice...once as "Joe Bloch" and once as "JoeBlow@xxxxxxxx"

There are no additional User folders in my Juno files.

>Hi Babette, and All,

>Juno started using the "long" names (Juno domain included) with the
first v5
>version...  did you ever have a v5 version installed on your machine?
Could be
>residue from that installation.

I've never loaded v.5

>Haven't noticed anything funny about the password for "joeblow@xxxxxxxx"
have >you? ...

The passwords for both the "ghost accounts" are blank.

I'm frankly afraid to open the accounts.  I tried to remove the first one
from the computer when I first noticed it, and it removed the real
account.  I had backed up first, so I reloaded from the backup.

I've been thinking of backing up my folders and then removing both the
real account and the "ghost" from this computer, then importing the
account back onto the computer from JUNO.  Then importing the folders.

What do you think?

OTOH, Juno has advised me to reload the program, due to some problems
I've been having with the dialup changing itself to "never dial", and
maybe I should bite the bullet and do that.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org