[JA] Re: Mime2frm help

  • From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:47:22 -0500

>Peggy> I tried this before, and found that my Windoze
>> wants to open zip files in WinWord.

WinZIP is the most popular.  Not the best perhaps, but the most used and
the one  most easily found at thousands of sites including
www.shareware.com and www.winzip.com.  Also you can find the most advice
from millions of users.  I don't use WinZIP every day; only on two or
three percent of my ZIP files.

Users of Windoze XP, I've been told, already have an unZIPper and don't
have to download  or install a program to handle .ZIP files.  Not a
versatile unZIPper, just a bare bones Microsoft one, but enough for this
purpose.

GL> Oh, because this file is an .exe it may set off your anti-virus
> program...  so double check to make sure it's 40,829 bytes...

That's why it's better not remove .ZIP versions from the Juno_accmail
download page.  Allow the user to decide which version to download.

Something like, "Download this version if you've got an unZIPper."

and, "Download this other version if you've never heard of an unZIPper."