[JA] Re: Juno_accmail Digest V3 #166

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:22:38 -0400

I heard this from NetZero when they cancelled my free NetZero
account because the message said that United Online was only going to
offer free service in my area through Juno.
Dave  Erie, PA
David F Wooledge
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx              wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxx
wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxx         wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AOL dfwooledge                           ICQ 59686911

--------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:08:10 -0700
Subject: [JA] Re: Juno_accmail Digest V3 #166
From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>

Hi David, and All,

Where'd you hear this?  A buddy or do you remember reading it somewhere?
Back last September when the two companies merged, Goldston, the new CEO
said that NetZero was to be their "Free" provider, and that Juno was
going all paid.  Don't know if that's still their plan, of course, but it
does seem like shutting down any more new Juno subscriber "Free"
accounts, e-mail or otherwise, may well be a step in that direction.  And
as usual, Juno has made this move "quietly"...  no fanfare as they
tighten the screws another notch.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.