[JA] Re: Juno 5 address search engine... PS

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:30:25 -0700

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 "Robert M. Cosby" <jvpoa@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>I surely wish Juno 5 had not removed our ability to put all
>necessary email addresses into the Send to box at one time.
>At least then it would sort them so that duplicates would not
>go out, and the whole batch could be pasted into another
>email service.  Now, with the 50 limit, it creates an extra
>chore for those of us with large personal email address
>lists.

Hi Bob, and All,

Couple more comments on this subject...  one is that I've done a little
experimenting with names and such in the address book and it seems that
Juno does NOT send out duplicates to the same e-mail address whether or
not the username is the same, but with different capitalization or even
completely different for that matter.  If I setup GLUNT@xxxxxxxx and
glunt@xxxxxxxx addresses and include both in the "Send to" box, Juno will
only send one e-mail regardless of what names or aliases I assign the
two. Which could be a possible cure for your problem except for the 50
addresses per outgoing message...  what happens if I use GL for the alias
for one of them and Zorro for the other and they end up in two different
batches..??  Duplicates I suppose...  but sorting your addresses by
e-mail address and creating mailing lists of groups of 50 addresses might
go a long way toward solving your problem...  but if I were you and your
address book is going to continue to grow in the future, I might want to
consider changing e-mail clients or creating a "mailing list" at a list
hosting site.  Juno has not been in the past and is not now conducive to
large mailing lists.  You might want to consider a one way List hosting
service...  one where only the host posts... like a newsletter.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.