[JA] Inbox repair. Was: Juno and Tourbus

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:05:54 PDT

}Subject: [JA] Re: Juno and Tourbus
}From: rlockhart1
}Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:55:53 EDT
}
}I have a question for the List:
}
}I am running Juno v1.49 on a Win3.11 system.  Yesterday I received two
}e-mail messages that I cannot read or delete.  Highlighting either
}message hangs my computer requiring a ctrl/alt/del to get out of it.
}Does anyone know how I can get rid of these messages or are they
destined
}to remain in my inbox until the version of Juno I use is phased out
later
}this year?  Thanks!
}
}Roy Lockhart
}rlockhart1@xxxxxxxx
}

        What editors do you have?

1: Move all that you can out of the Inbox.

2: Exit juno.  You can restart juno and try to access those messages
again, but exit juno before continuing.

3: Pull up juno\user????\director.frm in a viewer, or if you do not have
one, use an editor.  Do not resave unless told otherwise!

4: Look for the line with " Inbox " in it.  It should be one of the first
few.

5: Pull up the file named after that word, in a text editor.  In this
case, notepad may not be able to handle the size.

6: Each message starts with two lines, one starting with "From " and the
other with "From: ", otherwise identical.

7: Do not delete these two lines UNLESS you delete the whole message!

8: Do save this file, and close all editors/viewers.

9: at worst, you will loose all messages still in your Inbox.

        If you can not edit the fold????.frm file, you can just delete it
to get rid of all messages in it.

        Once the above is done, I do recommend that you run scandisk to
clear up any lost clusters.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---