[JA] ISP's

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:51:22 -0800

Here is another quote confirming a view that all dialup ISP's are equally
bad, despite price or reputation:
------------
http://channels.lockergnome.com/windows/backissues/20031107.phtml
Subject: [Lockergnome Windows Fanatics November 7, 2003] Hug Your
Neighbor!
[excerpt]
Ed Wood is steaming mad! Here's why:
"What have I been doing lately? Mostly trying to find an ISP who delivers
on his advertising. I was with surfbest for 2 years, then suddenly began
being dropped while downloading or connected at speeds below 28000kps. So
I switched to gbronline. a month later the same thing started to occur.
so I bit the bullet stopped looking for low cost ISPs and signed up with
earthlink. Guess what? Out of the box they were far and away the worst of
the lot.Ten available access numbers and I was dropped after less than 20
minutes on all of them plus sometimes connected at 16000kps. Aren't there
any reliable ISPs out there any more?"

If anybody there has suggestions they will pass it on...

[Interesting, because I had checked out gbronline [about the same as
NetHere or MSN], and was considering Earthlink until I heard it was not
fast and reliable either. I just stick to my current one, sometimes good,
sometimes bad.]

thepccat