[JA] Re: Here's another one... 12 hour delay at Juno!

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:56:19 -0800

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>If messages are delayed by hours we should write to Juno's
>postmaster <postmaster@xxxxxxxx> ?

>What is the <unblock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> address for?

Hi Linda, and All,

They're basically one and the same.  If you write to "unblock" whatever
response you get comes back from the postmaster address.   "Unblock" is
supposed to be where you write when a particular domain is blocking Juno
actually...  usually accusing Juno of harboring "spammers".  Then Juno
contacts them and says, "Hey, what's going on?" and explains all the
good stuff they do to stop spammers...  like limiting the number of
recipients you can send a single e-mail to, etc....  and they "unblock"
the Juno domain.

Awhile back though, Larry Cook had written Juno re: the problem of Juno
bouncing list mail coming from Yahoo and Freelists and they gave him the
"unblock" address.  So that's where I was writing (to both addresses
actually) to complain about Juno "blocking" Freelists mailing list
mail...  which was probably getting snagged by their spam filter running
amok during one of their experiments...  only they've gotten smart
enough to put this "snagged" mail into a queue for later processing.

Still, 12 hr delays is worth complaining about.  Freelists unsubbed a
lot of our members back in early August for bouncing messages because of
one of Juno's spam experiments dragging out over several days and
everybody had to resubscribe.  So when it looks like that might be
happening again, I complain to every address available.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.