[JA] Re: Go Nuts ad from Juno

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:09:21 -0700

I got one. I copied off the text including the link, and pasted into
WordPad. Then I could see the URL, which was a "contest" site. I *never*
sign up for contests, because only the people who collect your info win
the contest. I did not see it was from Juno Promotions [what is that?],
just that it was served the same way other Juno ads have been.

By The Way, I stumbled upon this gimmick using WordPad to reveal hidden
links. Pasting into Word 97  or a text editor does not reveal the links.
Once the links show in WordPad [often with extra frames, etc, whatever]
one can copy that and paste it into a plain text app [such as NoteTab
Lite or Juno Version 4 email] and have a compact version of the HTML
stuff from ads or websites.

Have other members found ways to reveal URLs hidden in blind links?

thepccat

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org