[JA] Re: Eudora vs. outlook express

  • From: mailings <mailings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:11:20 -0700

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:22:39 -0400, you wrote:

>Does anyone on this list care to share his or her experiences with these
>and/or other email clients?

I suggest you try multiple clients since this is too subjective of a
question.  Look at the user interface.  Is it intuitive?  Try
navigating through accounts, mailboxes, and messages.  Sort messages
by an individual field.  Send yourself various emails and see how the
client displays the message.

MY perfect client would include:

1. Messages can be threaded with the number of threads listed in a
nearby column.
2. Colored text whenever the standard > appears at the beginning of a
line.

>For instance, this quoted line would have a different color.

3. Full screen windows (except for menus and toolbars) of accounts,
mailboxes, and messages.
4. Multiple windows would open inside the application.  No multiple
new windows on the taskbar.
5. Multiple attachments can be highlighted and saved with one click or
keystroke.
6. HTML/text mail viewing switchable with a keystroke.
7. Easily mark read/unread multiple messages.
8. Easy 1-key navigation of basic email functions. =20
9. No annoying error messages, vbs, pop up windows, or poor
implementation of an important feature.

Here is what I have tried:
1. Eudora- Did not meet any of my requirements.
2. Outlook Express- Used for a while until I got tired of trying to
navigate though hundreds of messages.
3. Bat- Using now, but not happy with its navigation.  Html mail is
missing images.
4. Pegasus- Tried it for a few minutes, but forgot why I didn't like
it.=20
5. Agent- Currently using.  Great for text, but no html. =20

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org