[JA] Another Juno Joiner

  • From: Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rosebudx51@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:17:13 -0500

> > I made the change so fast, that when they asked if anybody had
> > referred me, that I didn't know your friends' name or his e-mail

That's me.  Welcome aboard.  As it happens, I don't make any use of the
credits they give for bringing in a new paid Juno user, so if you want to
credit some other Juno user, go right ahead.  Otherwise you can tell them
it's me, or else just nevermind.

> > NetZero is gone, and I'm glad. Although, I still have the
> > same-looking (Juno) tool bar, just like NetZero, and its
> > opening sign-of screen says, "Coming sooon, Juno TV,"
> > which was what NetZero was saying.

Probably this means you installed Version 6 of Juno.  I don't much like
that version because of its close similarity to the same company's
NetZero.  My favorite Juno version is 4.0.11 but some prefer the fancier
features of 5.0.33.  You can download either of those at
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=juno and I think you can install
it even though you already have the newer version 6 working.

> > BUT, I will be saving some money for the next twelve months!

I prefer to pay $10 per year rather than $83 per year like you, or $119
but perhaps you have a need for the greater services you get for more
money.

> > I found a site that compared the different ISP's, plus users
> > rating them from best to worst. NetScape was among the worst,
> > and I had been thinking of going there, but my cousins friend helped
> > me choose Juno, after I also read the rating from users  for Juno.

You have to find out what they are saying is good or bad about the
service.  It may not be relevant, since those users may be looking at
something that doesn't matter to you.  However, the little I know about
your interests seems to indicate Juno with its offline mailer will do the
things you want.  If I guessed wrong about what you want and how you wish
to use the service, I'll be wrong.

> > NOW, I have to let all my different
> > accounts, businesses where I pay bills, and
> > Bulletin Boards, ect, about the change.

This is one of the reasons people keep their E-mail address separate from
the company that provides their Internet access.  When they are
dissatisfied with their access, they can change access without changing
their address.  Crystal does this with her Hotmail account, which she can
use at public libraries or someone else's home or office or anywhere she
finds Web access.  I do this with Juno, normally accessing my mail by the
Juno 4.0.11 mailer but sometimes using someone else's Web computer
(including Crystal's, once last year).