[juneau-lug] free dell notebook

  • From: deadcats <deadcats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:52:54 +1500

Probably nobody has any use for it, but we gotta busted-screen Dell 8200
notebook that we're gonna toss in the dumpster otherwise and I'm kinda
emotionally attached to it. When my wife pulled the plug on it this
afternoon, it had over 5 years of continuous uptime as the server on our
small 4-5 PC development network. Other than planned software upgrades, it
has been operating continuously since late '02. We used it as our server,
well, because the screen was busted. Screen got busted because it fell
2-stories off our window ledge while cleaning in mid-'02.
2-story fall; busted-screen; 5 years up. Jeeze, dunno why I want to get rid
of it. Small internal 20-gig drive, 1.8 GHz Pentium-M chipset, 512MB RAM, if
anyone wants it. External drive stays with us. Win2K is the OS, but we're
gonna wipe everything.

Free-to-a-good-home if anyone actually can find a use for it. Includes an
honest-to-goodness docking station meant specifically for this Dell model
and probably worth more than the notebook.

If nobody wants it, what's the best way of sending it to the glue factory?

regards,
-dc