[juneau-lug] HTTP/FTP boxes

  • From: "james" <jfzuelow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:54:39 -0800

Due to two IBM PC-365's joining my home LAN, I've taken a Gateway P5-90
(512MB HDD, 24MB RAM) and a Gateway P5-100 (1GB HDD, 32MB RAM) offline.
I'm thinking about using these for the next installfest/LAN party we
decide to have.

I will have Apache running on the P-90, serving CD's (it has a 3 CD
changer) and the latest HOWTO tarball/Linux Documentation Project HTML
books.  The P5-100 will probably run an ftpd serving up a Linux
distribution of some sort, and probably FreeBSD as well.  Sean donated a
24 port hub, so we'll have a basic setup as long as we have power.

I'll see about scrounging larger hard drives for the machines, but the
drives in them should be sufficient getting RedHat 7.1, Debian and FreeBSD
served up at the same time.