[juneau-lug] Re: Fedora 7

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:15:48 -0800

Sure, I can dupe one for you.  Give me a call.

I put FC7 on a new Core2Duo and its better (more stable) than FC4 & 6
were on my AMD 64.  But I've been frustrated with the lack of mp3
support (among others).  Fedora folks have stripped out all mp3 support
(licensing issues) which makes for lots of extra hoops to listen / watch
to streaming media, etc.  I've brought in some of the libraries but some
programs (apparently) have to be re-compiled.  It still isn't working right.

Picked up the Aug. issue of Linux Pro Magazine because it had FC7 dvd
included.  Not overly impressed with the mag, but they include a new
distribution dvd with each issue.  The next one has Debian 4 Etch.  So I
signed up for the $10, 3 issue trial subscription.  Stay tuned.

-Jamie

Browns Homepage - New Pics 24 Jun 2007 - http://jdb.homelinux.net