[jjr69] Re: courage

  • From: tntanjjr@xxxxxxx
  • To: jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:22:52 -0400

Hello Khai,
 I heard that some of us tried to contact you in vain during those few festive
days. Actually, I don't remember I had any class with you neither, or both of
us were really quiet and low profile :-)

I find that there is actually life after AOL! I spent only 4 and half years
there. It was fun for a while, but I have moved on for the better things. I
love my current job, learning new stuffs and my team mate is nice and the
application is interesting. I was unemployed for almost 5 months. That was a
real bad time. I just could not take advantage of it like others had.

Hey, I am just killing time and pay the bills after all.

That was my very first reunion. So emotionally fullfilling for me. I got to see
a lot of schoolmates who I did not even know. Don't know any girls though. I
left after Premiere D1. I understand some Terminal classes were mixed.
Therefore, I just got no old flames from MC or JJR. My new flames are actually
reserved for my Black Angus prime ribs :-)

BMD site has a lot of pictures and you've got to get the reunion DVD.

Keep in touch.
From: tntanjjr@xxxxxxx
To: jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:53:19 -0400

 =20
Hello Tin,
=20
Eventhough I had the chance to exchange with you all via the email when I w=
as still on the forum, seeing you all in such a gathering was really so o=
verwhelming. I hesitated, but my voice did vibrate with emotions when I f=
irst feel comfortable to tutoyer again! Seeing you, I can't help but thin=
king about Hung Lun and the class of 5eme. I think that was just because =
of the sudden change in Hung Lun from a rather quiet, top of the class gu=
y, to one that became actively involved in a band and your appearance. Yo=
u guys always wore the same outfits. If my memory serves me right, both o=
f you did some kind of a gig in class that year(5eme) either during the r=
approchement of the New Year or end of the school year.
=20
So much memories, I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin during th=
e events. Every now and then I also thought about those classmates who di=
d not make it through the war, those who are not fortunate enough to grow=
 old with us. Every so often, I did think about them. As far as you and N=
go Luong Chinh concerned, we were all so glad that you guys have pulled t=
hrough.  At this age, I learn to not missing things that I don't have but=
 appreciate what little that we have. The ability to see each other in su=
ch an environment, atmostphere and settings, we are truely blessed!=20
=20
I savore every moment that I had with you guys like every note and every wo=
rd that I sing in my songs.
=20
 Stay in touch!
=20
From:  tntanjjr@xxxxxxx
To:  jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:37:16 -0400
>Dat,
>
>   Thanks for the words of comfort but two years...two more years seem to
beso long! Do you know what two years would to our bunch? I just close my
eyes and not wanting to think about it! In two years, What would the world
become (without Bush)!? Our group pictures would feature more gray hair! My
grand-daughter would be close to 4! I hope that I would still have the hear=
to sing and dance and capable to love. Two years is plenty of time for you
toget a GPS the next time you come down to the South here, the State for
lovers! I have been wondered how you took Phap into the Shenandoah valley
andstill found your way back out to get back home???!!!

>I don't really know how the world would turn out in two years, but I am
darned sure that you will have more bumper stickers on your vehicle!