[jhb] Re: camera

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:28:53 +0100

Tom,

As well as my Nikon D80 I have a Canon PowerShot A570 IS, as a pocketable alternative. I decided on that one because it was available with an optical viewfinder. Its performance is much better than I expected.

I also have a similar performance Olympus compact; a freebie when I bought my daughter a video camera. It sits in a draw because I just can't get on with its digital viewfinder. In many lighting conditions I've found it impossible to get a decent view of the target. Wearing sun glasses doesn't make it any easier either.

A search under Canon Powershot throws up a couple that might be of interest, though most of the range seems to have gone the screenfinder route.

Gerry Winskill

On 27/09/2011 12:18, tom smith wrote:
Olympus sz-30