[jhb] Re: Thunderbird

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:52 +0100 (BST)

After 3 weeks using Postbox, I am finding it really easy to use and it
keeps my 7 email accounts separate but easily connected to and switched
between.  Unlike Outlook, if you are viewing one mailbox and send an
email, it sends it from that account automatically.  Outlooksends it from
the default unless you remember to manually switch sending addresses. I
have been caught by this a few times.

Postbox has a learning spam filter.  The more posts you flag as spam the
more it remembers sources and begins to automatically flag up spam
messages. It displays the headers so you can check them out, and then you
can delete them en masse. An alternative to things like mailwasher.

It doesn't eat digitally signed Acrobat invoices which Thunderbird
started doing.

I shall be buying it when the free trial expires.

Peter