[jhb] Re: Teamspeak on Not FSX IVAO PC?

  • From: Frank Turley <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 11:34:41 +0100

Hi Peter,

The configurator is only run when you wish to change your set up. The problem is that I can't get the configurator to install my IvAp on the slave machine.It demands the SDK be present, and I don't have that on the slave.

I'm going to give up and plug my headset into the FSX machine.

Frank T.

At 09:20 08/05/2012, you wrote:
If simconnect.xml is being rewritten every time the configurator runs (is that at every IvAp start?) then you are stuffed. If not, then get IvAp running on the network first and then add Plan-G back in. Is there not a thread on this issue on the IVAO website/forum. You can't be alone. I just did a google and couldn't find anything so maybe it isn't possible.

Peter

----------

[]
<mailto:frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Frank Turley
08 May 2012 08:22

No, its not IvAp, its the configurator routine.

Frank T.

----------

[]
<mailto:pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Peter Dodds
08 May 2012 00:15

But surely IvAp doesn't recreate a simconnect file afresh each time you run it?
My next attempt would be to tag the Plan-G module(s) onto the simconnect.xml
file created by IvAp and see if that works. You can download the SDKs from the MSFS website if you don't have the correct ones. When I installed FSX on this laptop, I installed FSX first, then the SDK from the disks, then SP1, then the SP1 SDK then SP2, then the SP2 SDK, rebooting and running FSX in between each installation process. That I am told is the way to do it for reliable results.

Peter

> [...]
>
> <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
>
> </SimConnect.Comm>
>
> Don't forget to put the header and footer on your simconnect file. The Plan-G > Manual has all the details in Chapter 20.3.1. What it says in there applies to
> more than just Plan-G so is worth reading. ;-)
> The IP address 192.168.0.2 is the IP address of the FSX PC. Yours may be
> different. Whatever it is, if you can, you should reserve the address in your
> router for the FSX PC. I can help further on this if necessary.
>
> If you want to cover your backside, add two more modules identical to the above,
> but change
> <Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
> <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
> in both.
> They may be redundant, but they cost nothing to include, and sometimes "Auto"
> doesn't work.
>
> Having said all the above, I couldn't get IvAp to work across my network, but I > don't think I installed the SDK on my non-FSX PC. That is probably vital as it
> includes the simconnect.dll module which drives it all. Having the correct
> version of simconnect.dll is vital for success. If you have SP2 FSX, you need
> SP2 SDK installed as well.
> I agree it's a nightmare, but that's the unfinished symphony called FSX I'm
> afraid.
> Peter
> >
> > Frank Turley <mailto:frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > 06 May 2012 14:34
> >

> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > When I set up the link for Plan-G, all I had to do re Simconnect was to edit > > and save a simple .XML file in the FSX folder in the AppData directory tree. I > > used a standard template, I just had to edit the IP address and the Port No. > > If Simconnect is already sending the right FSX data to the right port, I would > > have thought that the IvAp installation routine running on a slave machine > > would be able to allow for this already being in place, and allow you to skip
> > this step, rather than terminate the installation.
> >
> > Of course, I did have to set up matching parameters in the Plan-G options, in > > a parallel way to that set up on the multi-options tab of the IvAp software.
> >
> > Frank T.

> > Paul Reynolds <mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > 06 May 2012 13:20
> >

> > Actually putting the SDK on the second machine would only have been
> > necessary to get to each version of SimConnect. If you've had FSX with the > > SDK installed on your FSX PC as the versions progressed then it would seem > > reasonable that you would have used each version of the SimConnect installer > > on the remote PC so it would have progressed at the same time as each one > > was upgraded. The process of installing the three versions on the remote PC > > was simply to get to the same point but without impacting on your FSX PC.
> >
> > Once you have the required version of SimConnect running you can then remove

----------

[]
> [...]

> Of course, I did have to set up matching parameters in the Plan-G options, in > a parallel way to that set up on the multi-options tab of the IvAp software.
>
> Frank T.

> Paul Reynolds <mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 06 May 2012 13:20
>

> Actually putting the SDK on the second machine would only have been
> necessary to get to each version of SimConnect. If you've had FSX with the
> SDK installed on your FSX PC as the versions progressed then it would seem
> reasonable that you would have used each version of the SimConnect installer
> on the remote PC so it would have progressed at the same time as each one
> was upgraded. The process of installing the three versions on the remote PC
> was simply to get to the same point but without impacting on your FSX PC.
>
> Once you have the required version of SimConnect running you can then remove

[]
<mailto:frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Frank Turley
06 May 2012 14:34

Hi Paul,

When I set up the link for Plan-G, all I had to do re Simconnect was to edit and save a simple .XML file in the FSX folder in the AppData directory tree. I used a standard template, I just had to edit the IP address and the Port No. If Simconnect is already sending the right FSX data to the right port, I would have thought that the IvAp installation routine running on a slave machine would be able to allow for this already being in place, and allow you to skip this step, rather than terminate the installation.

Of course, I did have to set up matching parameters in the Plan-G options, in a parallel way to that set up on the multi-options tab of the IvAp software.

Frank T.

JPEG image