[jhb] Re: Off Topic

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:44:04 +0100

I just asked the techie but he says Sky have gone out of their way to try to prevent it. If I connect to another TV, then it won't allow a DVD write unless connected to the Satellite dish and then it would be seen as an unauthorised second set.

However, I asked if it would work if I just remove the HD and hook that up to a PC, copy across, remove the HD and burn a DVD from the PC. He thinks that should work. A job for a rainy day!

Gerry Winskill

Fossil wrote:
Have you got a spare TV you can plug the old Sky box into? If you do and can
bring up the menu system then you should be able to burn to DVD. The trouble
is that I don't know if the menu is only activated with a live feed..