[jhb] Re: IVAO problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:29:14 +0100

Well, having uninstalled and re-installed IvAp on my laptop, I was puzzled
to find no ivap.ini file was created - even after changing some of the
settings using the config utility.  So not surprising when I booted up FS
and tried to connect to it with IvAp from the laptop - no connection.  I
created an ini file from scratch using the examples from Paul and Alastair
(thanks guys) - and I now have a connection, and I can confirm this using
IVAO Eye or ServInfo.  I would like to check out the voice connection if
some kind controller can plug in for a few minutes.

But I still cannot understand how this seems to work without an ivap.ini
file on the FS PC, nor how my setup which had been working well for some
considerable time just fell apart the other day.

Mike L