[jhb] Re: FS9 ?

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:29:34 +0100

There is an awful lot of rubbish being posted about the A330 accident right
now.

Despite the release of some information I am sure we haven't got the lot.
For example why is the bomb issue so firmly discounted by Airbus simply on
the basis of 24 ACARS signals? And why are they replacing ASI sensors in
such a rush now when the replacement program was already in place?

Weather radar is brilliant for detecting rapidly forming CuNims because they
contain a lot of water droplets. Some of the tropical storms are more
established and the water content is much lower - they are full of ice
crystals which are far less effective in reflecting radar pulses.