[jhb] Re: DVD Problem

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:48:00 +0100

Panic over. Another case of "Doh".

When Tony Meredith asked if it would run on the PC it suddenly struck me that the obvious had totally escaped me. On the TV DVD player it ran straight off! I'd taken the hi tech approach and assumed it had been produced by a computer so was meant to be played on one.

Back in SWMBO's good books again.

I've again decided that giving birth is best left to women!

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Our pregnant daughter in New Zealand has just sent us the video she was given, after a recent hospital scan. When I try to play it I'm told it needs a RealPlayer update, to play it. I let it download what it wants but the scan still provokes the same result.

The DVD contains two folders:

VIDEO_RM contains:
video_rm.dat  1024kb
video_rm.bup  32kb
video_rm.info  32kb

VIDEO_TS contains:
video_ts.bup  12kb
video_ts.ifo  12kb
video_ts.vob  256kb
video_01_0.bup  22kb
video_01_0.ifo  22kb
video_01_0.vob  547,648kb

Anyone any ideas how to get the show on the road?

Meanwhile SWMBO is looking for the tranquilisers!