[jhb] Re: Chopper Spots

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:29:05 +0000

We're planning to put a few Island helipads in, to cater for those of a whirly persuasion; of whom some are in our midst. To do this we need "airfield" codes, so they can be picked up by the menu.

Those going in include known sites used only during race periods. Would you like to produce fictitious codes for them or should I just invent some to cover the job?

Sites being included are

Ballavoddan. It has traffic most working days.

The site you flew to, near Cronk y Voddy.

Police headquarters, where they park, when not in use, during race fortnights.

Nobles Hospital's three pads.

Race period pad on the Sulby Glen road, near the Bungalow. Surprisingly sharp H seen in the new IOM photoscenery.

Sulby Bridge, where they stop to pick up TV recordings.

Waterworks, where they have a race period pad in the car park.

Using Heli Traffic 2009 I already have AI traffic at some of them, on my setup.

Gerry Winskill

Fossil wrote:
This is Mike's pad -
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/WebAircraft/G-OMCC.jpg

Helicopters use many sites on the island. As they just need the landowners
permission they literally can plonk down anywhere - and do. Because of this
I've never made any attempt to locate any pads, it's not worth the hassle.