[jhb] Re: Birthday

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:39:16 +0100

Hi Paul -

Time and tide etc etc.  SWMBO and I decided some time ago that, sod it, we
would get off our backsides and do some of the things we have always wanted
to whilst we could still do them!  The years can be quite unkind and
although the mind is willing the body is not necessarily as co-operative.
All the joints ache and I run out of puff constantly walking the hills.

Nevertheless, we're currently SKI-ing at a rapid rate of knots (that's
Spending the Kids Inheritance, of course, not the strenuous sort .).  I'm
now nearly 66 and we went to Australia for the best part of 11 weeks last
winter including a month in a motorhome touring NSW - next Feb we're off to
NZ for six weeks and we've been to Italy twice this year and will be going
to Venice again in October.  We've also walked in Derbyshire, Cornwall and
the Lake District (in the rain) and spent three days at Silverstone (in the
mud) for the F1 GP.

There's not much money left now but we'll carry of enjoying ourselves until
it runs out completely!

You are a long time dead (as my old mum told me just before she popped her
clogs at the splendid age of 92).

Meanwhile, enjoy your birthday, youngster, and look forward to many more!

MikeB