[jhb] Re: Audio solution

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:07:37 +0100

I have the Cambridge Audio system here with a bass woofer and separate
treble boxes. I put the headset on a splitter (basically a cheap one in two
out cable) so can listen on both speakers and headset but if SWMBO is around
I can turn off the speaker sound - the CA box has a remote volume control
unit.

I've got a separate CA system plugged into the TV too. Despite modern TV's
boasting good sound they still don't come anywhere near a decent set of
speakers. The CA treble units are only 3" cubes but deliver excellent sound
and the bass unit tucks away behind the TV and gives great sound depth.

SWMBO claims she can't hear any difference - likewise isn't impressed at all
with my hi-fi system. She's equally happy with the clock radio...  Funny old
world.